Welcome to Bihpuria College Library
The college has got two storied library. The
reading room accommodates about 100 students.
On all working days: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Our College library remains open on all working days. The library even remains open during summer and winter breaks also.
The above timings of the Library are subject to change from time to time which will duly be notified in the Notice Board of the College.
• Books : 14000
• Journals : 13
• Magazines : 06
• News Papers : 10 (Both Regional and National)
• Journals : 03 (International Level)
Library membership is given to all students, Teachers, and other staff
of the college only.
Students can access, read, and borrow books from the library. The library welcomes all students and teachers to be regular visitors.Separate library cards are issued for students to access library. They are as follows:
Library smart cards are issued to the student to borrow library books.
· Higher secondary students can borrow maximum : Two Books
· Degree student with major can borrow maximum : Four Books
· General degree students can borrow maximum : Two Books
· Post graduate students can borrow maximum : Two Books
The books are issue to the students for 15 days
only. After that they can renew those next one week again. Proper uniform is
mandatory to enter in the library or in the Reading room.
Delay in returning books is strictly not encouraged. In case of delay in
returning books, a fine of Rs 1/-(One Rupee) per day is realized.
Reading room-cum reference section
The library has a spacious and well equipped modern reading room with sitting capacity for 50 students and separate reading corner for Teachers. Newspapers and Periodicals are displayed in the reading room. Journals, magazines, periodicals and reference books are issued for the reading room only. We have very good collection of dictionaries and encyclopaedia in our reference section.
• Library books issued to the student for fifteen day. But it can be renewed to next one week again. Renewal and Reservation of important books facilities are available.
• We display our current books and journals list in the library notice board as well as other notice board of our college.
• The current journals and magazine are display in the reading room itself.
• We are providing document on career development.
• We are updating our information display board regularly.
Library has a good collection for career guidance. Library has a very
good collection of reference books. E.g. Encyclopaedia, dictionary, bound
periodicals, record books, atlas, handbook etc.
• National Digital Library of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology has initiated the National Digital Library (NDL) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility.
• Digital Library of India :
Digital Library of India, part of the online services of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in co-operation with CMU, IIIT-H, NSF, ERNET and MCIT for the Govt. of India and 21 major participating centres, provides free access to many books in English and Indian languages.
• National Science Digital Library :
Begun as a Tenth Five Year Plan Network Project of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), NSDL is the only one of its kind that provides curriculum based content to address the information needs of the undergraduate students of science.
• Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) :
DOAJ is an online directory
that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed
• Online Publishing @ DESIDOC :
Here users can access full text articles from research journals published by DESIDOC (Defence Scientific Information and Documentation Centre), a division of the DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation), Ministry of Defence, Govt of India.
• e-PGPathshala :
e-PG Pathshala contains high quality, curriculum-based,interactive content in different subjects across all disciplines of social sciences, arts, fine arts & humanities, natural & mathematical sciences, linguistics and languages.
• eGyanKosh :
eGyanKosh is a National Digital Repository of IGNOU to store, index, preserve, distribute and share the digital learning resources developed by the Open and Distance Learning Institutions in the country.
• Shodhganga (Indian ETD Repository) :
Access to Fulltext Ph.D Theses submitted to universities in India.
• Free ebooks by Project Gutenberg :
Project Gutenberg offers
over 49,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books,
download them or read them online.
• Dibrugarh University Library
• Tezpur Central Library
• Gauhati University Library
• Assam University